HOW TO GET TO CLUJ-NAPOCA
Cluj-Napoca is situated in the central part of Transylvania. The city has direct access to thoroughfares (railway and roads) that traverse it, making easy to connect with main cities and regional centres of the country. This is how you can reach Cluj-Napoca:
The airport is located on the European driveway E 576, 10 kilometers East of the city commercial center and 12 kilometers from the C.F.R railway. Low-cost flights are accessible from more and more European cities.
External flights to Cluj-Napoca (Wizz Air) are available from the following countries (cities):
- Austria (Vienna)
- Cipru (Larnaca)
- Cyprus (Larnaca)
- Italy (Treviso, Bergamo, Torino, Bologna, Milano, Pisa, Rome, Venice)
- Germany (Frankfurt, Munich)
- Spain (Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Zaragoza).
NATIONAL AND EUROPEAN DRIVEWAYS:
Cluj-Napoca is traversed by the European driveway E 60 (Bucharest-Oradea-Budapest-Wien).
From Oradea, direct access to Cluj-Napoca is done on E 60 (154 km)
From Bucharest, there are two possibile routes:
- Bucharest – Ramnicu Valcea – Sibiu – Alba-Iulia – Cluj-Napoca on E 81
- Bucharest – Brasov – Tg. Mures – Turda – Cluj-Napoca, on E 60 / E 81
From Timisoara, you can choose one of the following routes:
- Timisoara – Oradea – Cluj-Napoca, on E 671 / E 60 (321 km)
- Timisoara – Deva – Alba-Iulia – Turda – Cluj-Napoca, on E 70 / E 68 / E 60 (340 km)
Cluj-Napoca has direct railway connections with every major city in Romania. There are also two international trains, on the route Cluj-Napoca – Budapest (Corona and Ady Endre). The central train station ensures train transportation (such as Intercity) to Bucharest and many other Romanian cities.